BIND REPLACE_BASE option

Roger Marquis marquis at roble.com
Wed Jan 14 15:23:02 UTC 2015

Thank you Matt.  It is refreshing to hear an actual business case for the
reasons REPLACE_BASE was created.  Thank you also for the pointers to a
way of avoid dulpicate binaries.  Do you know of more detailed
documentation on how to prevent installworld and freebsd-update from
installing these binaries in the first place?

That leaves the issue of cross-platform compatibility, which is still
broken without REPLACE_BASE.  What about those of us who support
environments that aren't BSD monocultures?

Roger Marquis