Build Failure: webkit-gtk2

Christoph Moench-Tegeder cmt at burggraben.net
Tue Jan 13 21:56:00 UTC 2015

## Koop Mast (kwm at rainbow-runner.nl):

> Hardcoding AR=/usr/bin/ar isn't a fix I like.

Well, webkit-gtk (and www/chromium earlier, we have the same problem/fix
there) use base system's ld (that's because it's called by your compiler
of-the-day) but "some" ar (which is found by configure). AFAIK there's
no "real official" way to force use of one toolchain (instead of mix and
match).

> What I would like to know is why people are changing PATH?

Because sometimes we like to use the things we installed in LOCALBASE :)

Regards,
Christoph

--
Spare Space