monitorings-plugin hangs on configure ICMPv6

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Sun Jan 11 17:26:20 UTC 2015

Am 11.01.2015 um 17:54 schrieb Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>:

> checking for ps syntax... /bin/ps axwo 'stat uid pid ppid vsz rss pcpu comm args'
> checking for ping... /sbin/ping
> checking for ping6... /sbin/ping6
> checking for ICMP ping syntax... /sbin/ping -n -c %d %s
> checking for ICMPv6 ping syntax... ^C===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
>
> FreeBSD 9-stable, all ports up to date, inside a jail.
>
> Any suggestions?

Figured it out myself.  My google-foo did not give me any hints to what the problem is, only Linux related posts, but that led me to checking for jail-related issues. The help text is a bit terse, I had to look at the Makefile to understand what’s required.

Since I’m using NO_DIALOG, I have all my config option in /etc/make.conf.  I’ve added this:

+JAILED!=	/sbin/sysctl -n security.jail.jailed
+.if ${JAILED} == 1
+monitoring-plugins_SET+=	JAIL
+nagios-plugins_SET+=	JAIL
+NAGIOSPOLLIP!=ifconfig em0 | sed -nEe 's/.*inet (.*) netmask.*/\1/p'
+NAGIOSPOLLIP6!=ifconfig em0 | sed -nEe 's/.*inet6 (.*) prefix.*/\1/p'
+.endif

(em 0 is my outward-facing interface on all the hosts.)

May I suggest to use something like this for the help text?

> If you are building the port inside a jail, you might need to tell check_ping which IP address to use as the source address, instead of 127.0.0.1 and ::1, respectively.  Use the config option JAIL, and define NAGIOSPOLLIP and NAGIOSPOLLIP6 on the command line or in make.conf when building the port, setting them to the primary IPv4 and IPv6 address of your jail, respectively.

I have no idea what the second paragraph is supposed to tell me.  Irrespective of the first paragraph, you shouldn’t set the JAIL config option when building the package with poudriere?

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811