Help upgrading Hadoop2 port to 2.6.0

Freddy Andersen fandersen at youmail.com
Sat Jan 10 19:14:53 UTC 2015

I have both databases/hbase(upgraded from 0.98.4 -> 0.98.9) and devel/hadoop2(upgraded from 2.4.1 -> 2.6.0) ports building and installing with changes I made through a patch. But when I wanted to test this in a test cluster I needed to build packages through poudriere. When I build there are two hadoop packages that try to pull tomcat from the outside and that fails with a unknown host can’t download error. (which it should from what I understand)

Now I’m trying to find the correct way that I can patch the pom.xml for these two and have it use the already downloaded distfiles directory for tomcat.