liquidsoap: The audio stream generator of the Savonet project

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 17:08:06 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 9:54 AM, Jaret Bartsch <jaretbartsch at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Dear FreeBSD ports team,
>
> I have recently learned that this software was removed from the audio/liquidsoap ports tree in FreeBSD due to not being staged. Is possible it could be staged and reintroduced to the ports tree? The main reason behind this is to be able to run Airtime (a broadcasting software and control panel) on FreeBSD. Would it be possible that could be introduced into ports even?  I look forward to your response.

It can be added back in, it just requires someone to STAGE the port,
and fix the linking issue.  I had a quick look at the ports Makefile
(svnweb) and it looks like all that is needed is to remove NO_STAGE
and fix the detection when VORBIS is selected and OGG is not selected,
as it currently errors when DOCS is not selected (line 141).  There
might be other things to fix.

Would you be willing to take over the maintainership of the port?

The last revision is 366857.

svn co --depth empty svn://svn.freebsd.org/ports/head 20150109
svn up --set-depth empty 20150109/audio
svn up -r 366857 20150109/audio/liquidsoap

cd 20150109/audio/liquidsoap
# make modifications to the port, then...

cd ..
svn diff > liquidsoap-20150109.diff

Then simply attach the diff to a new pr(1)
(https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/)

Good Luck.

--
DISCLAIMER:

No electrons were maimed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.