Asterisk ports

Guido Falsi madpilot at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 5 19:08:34 UTC 2015

On 01/05/15 16:57, Eric Teeter wrote:
> Are there going to be ports for the different languages sounds for Asterisk (i.e. g772 or wav for en)?

Hi,

I'm not sure what your question is, are you looking for more formats of
the language files in English or for voice prompts for other languages?

If you are looking for language packs there is japanese/asterisk-sounds
in the ports tree. Creating similar ports for other language packs
should be easy based on this one, once you can find a distribution file
for the language you are looking for.

Language packs for asterisk are just a bunch of files to be put in
/usr/local/share/asterisk/sounds/<lang>, so you can just download them
and put the files there, asterisk will just pick them up, so there isn't
really a need to create ports for them.

Same goes for different file formats of the same language.

Hope this answers your question.

--
Guido Falsi <madpilot at FreeBSD.org>