Generating port changes easily

Patrick Powell papowell at astart.com
Fri Feb 27 16:46:41 UTC 2015

I have made some modifications to a port - couple of lines in the
Makefile,  and an updated pkg-plist.

Once upon a time I was shown a script (run_this_script?) to help with
updating a port.

1.  Copy the original files in the port to XXX.orig  (or something)
       For example cp Makefile Makefile.orig
2.  Make your changes
       For example: vi Makefile  ....
3.  Now run this script which will generate a DIFF file which can be posted:
       run_this_script ... >/tmp/changes.shar  ?
       run_this_script ... >/tmp/diffs                 ?
4.  Post the generated file to bugzilla with an update request.

Ummm... is there such a 'run_this_script' or am I indulging in wishful
thinking?

--
Patrick Powell                 Astart Technologies
papowell at astart.com            1530 Jamacha Rd, Suite X