squid 3.5 plans

Marko Cupać marko.cupac at mimar.rs
Sat Feb 21 07:37:25 UTC 2015

On Thu, 19 Feb 2015 21:23:15 -0500
Robert Simmons <rsimmons0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> That is true. It looks like an update to both 3.5 and 3.4 were
> released on the same day. How about dropping www/squid33 and creating
> a www/squid34 port. Then updating the www/squid port to 3.5.2.

I would say this is a bad idea, as squid 3.5 does not work on FreeBSD
10.1 with GENERIC kernel. Furthermore, it won't be fixed with
binary patches (ie. until 10.2 or 11.0).

I think www/squid should be recommended squid version for FreeBSD
users. It wouldn't be appropriate to recommend version which does not
work without recompiling kernel.

We discussed it not so long ago:
https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=freebsd-ports@freebsd.org&q=subject:%22Re%3A+www%2Fsquid+does+not+shutdown+via+rc%22&o=newest
--