freemat installation

Rodrigo Osorio rodrigo at bebik.net
Fri Feb 20 15:40:52 UTC 2015

On 20/02/15 09:55 -0400, Pedro Almeidas wrote:
> Hello FreeBSD support.
> I'm writting you  to have any information about FreeMat installation in PCBSD 9.0.
> In fact, i recently begin to use PCBSD, but i've a lot of problems to understand all.
> Recently, i downloaded Freemat from http://sourceforge.net/projects/freemat/files/
> them i donwnloaded -tar.gz- file extension. But, i don't know how to use this pack, install and run then in pcbsd.
> I didn't found information in youtube.com, so, i'm writting you to know if you can inform me about steps to install it.
> Best Regards.

Hi,

Freemat is also in pcbsd packages (called pbi), please make a break and read
the PC-BSD handbook[1], you will find usefull informations about how to
install applications and keep your system up-to-date.

If you are not familiar with the command line, PC-BSD provides a full set of
graphical tools to help you.

Cheers,
- rodrigo

[1] http://www.pcbsd.org/en/documentation/