pkg: new warning - ap24-mod_perl2 has no direct installation candidates, change it to ap24-mod_perl2

Patrick Powell papowell at astart.com
Fri Feb 13 17:55:53 UTC 2015

I upgraded pkg to today to 1.4.10 and got the following new (and
different) warning:

{142} # pkg upgrade
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up-to-date.
All repositories are up-to-date.
Updating database digests format: 100%
Checking for upgrades (43 candidates):  97%
ap24-mod_perl2 has no direct installation candidates, change it to
ap24-mod_perl2 has no direct installation candidates, change it to
ap24-mod_perl2? [Y/n]:
Checking for upgrades (43 candidates): 100%
Processing candidates (43 candidates): 100%
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
Your packages are up to date.

{144} # pkg -v
1.4.10
.
The ap24-mod_perl2 port is www/mod_perl2.  I use different options from
the default,  so I need to compile the port.
I also lock it so that pkg does not try to modify it when I do 'pkg
upgrade'.

This has worked fine until the latest version of pkg.  I now get the 'no
direct installation candidates' message.

Question:  why is this message generated?
Question:  what can I do to suppress the message and still not have pkg
update the port from the repository?

--
Patrick Powell                 Astart Technologies
papowell at astart.com            1530 Jamacha Rd, Suite X