how to make a port of ex-FreeBSD code...

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Fri Feb 13 02:28:48 UTC 2015

> On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 03:31:54PM -0800, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
> > Chris H wrote this message on Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 15:08 -0800:
> > > On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 14:21:28 -0800 John-Mark Gurney <jmg at funkthat.com> =
> wrote
> > >=20
> > > The only example that I can think of was fortune(6); specifically;
> > > the "naughty" fortunes that were censored. Last I heard, someone
> > > indicated they had ported it into ports tree.
> >=20
> > A port was made, but it was nevery committed (or if it was, I sure
> > can't find it), so that isn't a good example..
> >=20
> Have a look at devel/fmake

Perhaps as bdes is secure/usr.bin/bdes, (so perhaps `real` BSD)
these 2 might not be useful as examples, as just imports ?:

 /usr/sbin/named (9.[23]-RELEASE)
 src/usr.sbin/named + src/contrib/bind9
 to /usr/ports/dns/bind* (10.0-RELEASE & current)

 9.2-RELEASE/src/ contrib/cvs + gnu/usr.bin/cvs
 11.0-CURRENT/ports/devel/cvs

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Linux Unix C Sys Eng Consultant Munich http://berklix.com
 Indent previous with "> ".  Interleave reply paragraphs like a play script.