USES=fortran can't mix with the libraries requiring /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 from the base

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Wed Dec 23 12:35:38 UTC 2015

I found that ports with USES=fortran can't mix with anything in C++
compiled with the base clang++, because USES=fortran forces the current
gcc that links with its /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1

Getting this particular error from the python process, because one
python module has USES=fortran, and another has C++ in it:
ImportError: /lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version GCC_4.6.0 required by
/usr/local/lib/gcc48/libgfortran.so.3 not found

What is the general solution for this problem? Is there a non-gcc
version of fortran?

One thing is when gcc is required because clang can't compile something,
and another things is when fortran language requires it. The latter is
here to stay.

Can there be the separate fortran from gcc that is build with clang? Or
can we switch /usr/ports/lang/gccNN to be always built with the base
clang? I know this is certainly possible.

Yuri