will the use of GitHub ever be fully explained?

Ricky G ricky1252 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 21 18:38:01 UTC 2015

 Hey there Chris,
 I actually invested some time figuring this out. When the GH_TAGNAME is used, that hash will be downloaded instead of the PORTVERSION. Pretty much the PORTVERSION variable is ignored other than the fact that is will be packed as ${PORTVERSION} so it is important to keep TAGNAME and PORTVERSION in sync.