Unable to make install for p5 ports

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Sun Dec 20 22:39:04 UTC 2015

> Am 20.12.2015 um 21:44 schrieb olli hauer <ohauer at gmx.de>:
>
> On 2015-12-20 21:26, Stefan Bethke wrote:
>>
>>> Am 20.12.2015 um 21:15 schrieb Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>:
>>>
>>> For many perl ports, I’m getting errors similar to this:

>>> Installing /usr/obj/ports/freebsd/checkout/ports/net/p5-Net-Server/stage/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/man/man1/net-server.1
>>> Installing /usr/obj/ports/freebsd/checkout/ports/net/p5-Net-Server/stage/usr/local/bin/net-server
>>> ====> Compressing man pages (compress-man)
>>> ===>  Installing for p5-Net-Server-2.008_1
>>> ===>  Checking if p5-Net-Server already installed
>>> ===>   Registering installation for p5-Net-Server-2.008_1 as automatic
>>> pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/obj/ports/freebsd/checkout/ports/net/p5-Net-Server/stage/usr/local/share/man/man1/net-server.1.gz: No such file or directory
>>> *** [fake-pkg] Error code 74
>>>
>>> Stop in /freebsd/checkout/ports/net/p5-Net-Server.
>>> *** [install] Error code 1
>>>
>>> Stop in /freebsd/checkout/ports/net/p5-Net-Server.
>>> *** [build-depends] Error code 1
>>>
>>> Stop in /freebsd/checkout/ports/sysutils/munin-node.
>>> *** [stage] Error code 1
>>>
>>> Stop in /freebsd/checkout/ports/sysutils/munin-node.
>>>

>>> I’ve tried upgrading my perl to 5.20, but I’m running into the same issue.
>>>
>>> FreeBSD 9-stable, perl 5.20.
>>
>> After fiddling around with the stage dir, it seems that the port installs man pages for command line utilities into stage/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/man, while pig-static expects them in stage/usr/local/share/man.
>
> Hi Stefan,
>
> no, the man page location looks fine.
> Perl man pages are installed to "/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/man" and pkg-plist has the location defined as PERL5_MAN3.

Please look at the error message above. pig-static expects the man page in one place, but the port installs in in a different place inside the stage dir.  Only man1 pages seem to be affected, AFAIKT.

> Is this a local configuration issue on my box? My make.conf has this:
>>
>> WRKDIRPREFIX?=	/usr/obj/ports
>> WRKDIR?=		${WRKDIRPREFIX}${.CURDIR:S/${PORTSDIR}//}
>
> Try again without those two definitions, it is possible the overwrite the STAGEDIR variable.
> I just build the port without any issues, but without defining this vars.

Can’t do that, /usr/ports is mounted r/o (I’m inside a jail).  At any rate, modifying WRKDIR like that (used to be, should still be) supported.

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811