minidlna server not visible in network

Volodymyr Kostyrko arcade at b1t.name
Sat Dec 19 11:26:40 UTC 2015

On 19.12.15 00:03, Dr. Peter Voigt wrote:
> Today I have upgraded net/minidlna to latest version. I am on FreeBSD
> 10.2-RELEASE-p8 (amd64).
>
> Access via web interface on port 8200 is working fine. But the MiniDLNA
> server is not seen in my network and correspondingly I cannot access
> any of my FLAC audio files. I do not host any other media besides the
> FLAC files.
>
> I strongly assume this is related to upgrading to version 1.1.5.
>
> Can anyone reproduce this behavior?

That's not correct.

1. If you already queued any files on your UPnP client whey will play
correctly.
2. If you leave you UPnP client open for some time it will eventually
find your server.
3. If your UPnP client is already open restarting minidlna will make it
visible.

So I'd say it just fails responding to probes.

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.