Should poudriere skip (IGNORE) a port marked BROKEN?

Kurt Jaeger lists at opsec.eu
Sun Dec 13 08:25:49 UTC 2015

Hi!

[ports marked BROKEN are build in poudriere and fail]

> But poudriere goes ahead with the build, fails on the broken dependency,
> and skips the port without printing or logging my helpful BROKEN message.
>
> Is this by design, or a flaw in my understanding or in poudriere's
> implementation?

This is by design, there are two places:

/usr/local/share/poudriere/testport.sh

and

/usr/local/share/poudriere/bulk.sh

where TRYBROKEN=yes is exported, so that /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk
starts the build anyway.

When I try to debug if I use BROKEN in the right manner,
I edited the testport.sh or bulk.sh script not to set TRYBROKEN 8-}

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         5 years to go !