MAKEFLAGS caused temporary insanity

Bryan Drewery bdrewery at FreeBSD.org
Sat Dec 5 01:01:37 UTC 2015

On 11/24/2015 8:00 PM, Euan Thoms wrote:

> On Tuesday, November 24, 2015 11:15 SGT, Jan Beich <jbeich at vfemail.net> wrote:
>
>> "Euan Thoms" <euan at potensol.com> writes:
>>
>>> do-build:
>>>         cd ${WRKSRC} && unset MAKEFLAGS && ${OPENSIPS_MAKE_ENV}
>>> ${GMAKE} ${_MAKE_JOBS} ${ALL_TARGET}
>>
>> Have you tried defining NOPRECIOUSMAKEVARS in the port's Makefile?
>>

> That did the trick, thanks. I can now remove the "unset MAKEFLAGS" in do-build.

As far as I can tell NOPRECIOUSMAKEVARS does not impact the variable
literally named 'MAKEFLAGS'. It should only be impacting these:

# make -V _EXPORTED_VARS
ARCH OPSYS _OSRELEASE OSREL OSVERSION _PKG_CHECKED HAVE_COMPAT_IA32_KERN
_SMP_CPUS CONFIGURE_MAX_CMD_LEN

Which port was this? Which release are you running (real question is
whether it was fmake or bmake)?

--
Regards,
Bryan Drewery