FreeBSD Port: php56-5.6.16 => php7

Oliver Schonrock oliver at schonrocks.com
Fri Dec 4 12:36:06 UTC 2015

Hi Alex

Now that php7 is released: http://php.net/ , the task of creating the
new FreeBSD ports for it, is on our plate.

I wonder what plans you have for this, or how far along your are?

I have been compiling php from ports for 14 years starting with version
php4.3 on FreeBSD 5.3, I think. Many thanks for your efforts over that
time. I am aware of some of the challenges. If you need/want some help
with more obscure ports, testing or anything else, I would be very happy
to help.

We are just starting to deploy a new production environment in a new
datacenter over the next few months and hope to base it on php7. So I am
highly motivated to start testing this.

Let me know if that's helpful.

Thanks

--