FreeBSD Port: textproc/simplehtmldom

Chris H bsd-lists at bsdforge.com
Wed Dec 2 21:46:03 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2 Dec 2015 17:57:18 +0000 Kristofer Persson
<kpersson at clarkebroadcasting.com> wrote

> I am upgrading from php5.4 to php5.5 and I use simplehtmldom.  I installed
> this via ports awhile back, I use it in a lot of my code.  Recently it has
> been marked broken and set to expire with php5.4,   I found the source page
> at http://sourceforge.net/projects/simplehtmldom,   the version installed on
> my system via ports is 1.11 Rev 184, how ever I see on sourceforge that his
> latest version is 1.5 Rev 210 revised on 5-28-14.   Why is it expiring with
> 5.4?  Can I use the one downloaded from the source on my freebsd and just
> leave the port installed, will be wrong version but it will let me know it's
> still installed.
>
> Thanks Kris
Hello Kris,
I see that the port textproc/simplehtmldom currently has no maintainer.
Given that you use this port; this would be a great opportunity to
maintain the port, yourself (become maintainer). Even if you're not
familiar with the entire process, the change required on your part
to make this port work is quite trivial.
Simply start a bug report:
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi
to get the ball rolling! :)

--Chris