[HEADSUP] portmaster/portupgrade support for new features

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at freebsd.org
Mon Aug 24 19:03:41 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 11:58:37AM -0700, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> Are you going to keep support for the "old" way too? This is kinda crucial
> for us (and possible other people) in order to properly build off-the-tree
> (private) ports. Thanks!

Oh sure, it will be backward compatible. I will be transparent for all ports
that are not flagged as flavors or subpackages.

We are not removing a feature, neither replacing one, just adding a new one so
tools that work on the ports tree should learn about that new feature to not
fail on them.

Best regards,
Bapt