Recent changes to /usr/ports/Mk breaks /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/p5-FreeBSD-Portindex

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Sun Aug 23 20:55:13 UTC 2015

On 20/08/2015 00:13, Naram Qashat wrote:
>> The changes to port Mk files breaks
>> /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/p5-FreeBSD-Portindex:
>>
>> When doing cache-init I get this:
>>
>> Processing make describe output for path "/usr/ports": Can't locate object
>> method "mark_used_by" via package "FreeBSD::Portindex::Category" at
>> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/FreeBSD/Portindex/Tree.pm line 431.
>>
>> portindex worked fine till the changes
>
> I've actually already sent the information about this to Matthew, he said
> he will look into it as soon as he can.

Yes, indeed.  I've just managed to work out what the problem was and
release FreeBSD::Portindex-3.5 with a fix.  Turned out I was trying to
use the now obsolete variable $OPTIONSFILE when I should have been using
$OPTIONS_FILE instead.

Thanks to Naram and Ion-Mihal who independently reported the problem to me.

	Cheers,

	Matthew