poudriere: best strategy to create ports either linked to openssl or libressl

Michael Grimm trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de
Fri Aug 21 13:41:57 UTC 2015

Hi --

This is 10.2-STABLE and a host plus some service jails setup.

I did switch from OpenSSL to LibreSSL some month ago and never ran into trouble until the recent update to LibreSSL 2.2.2 [1].

Now I am thinking about running all service jails with ports linked against LibreSSL libraries, except my mail service jail running postfix et al. This should run ports linked against OpenSSL.

I am using poudriere for pkg creation into a local repository, I do like the idea of meta packages[2], and I have read about the set functionality [3], as well. But, I never used meta packages and sets before, and I feel somehow unsure about what would be the best way to achieve my goal:

#) Meta packages?
#) Sets with appropriate option/make files?
#) Some combination of both?
#) Something completely different I manged to miss?

Thanks in advance and regards,
Michael

[1] http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.postfix.user/cutoff=252142
[2] http://blog.shatow.net/posts/2013-07-21-managing-role-based-freebsd-servers-with-meta-packages-and-poudriere/