Problems with update to print/tex-luatex

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 20:04:21 UTC 2015

When I tried updating print/tex-luatex today, the install phase failed with
a number of missing files. The log showed that the port uses luatex in the
install phase but fails due to a missing .so, poppler.so.49. This has been
superseded by libpoppler.so.53, but the install was defaulting to the
previously built binary, not the newly built one.

I was able to get the port installed by deleting the existing port (pkg
delete tex-luatex) and
deleting work/.stage_done.luatex._usr_local and re-running stage and
install.

I think a note to that effect should be in UPDATING. Obviously this does
impact new installs or poudriere build and probably not package installs,
but it does hit upgrades.
Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com