pkg 1.5.1 wants to remove locked packages

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 27 13:59:24 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 09:21:40AM -0400, Michael Jung wrote:
> Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but pkg 1.5.1 wants to remove
> locked
> packages. The packages are indeed really removed.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --mikej
>
> "pkg lock is used to lock packages against reinstallation, modification
> or
>       deletion."
>
> FreeBSD charon.corp.pai.local 10.1-RC1-p2 FreeBSD
>
> I do not have /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf file
>
> root at charon /var/log]# pkg lock -l
> Currently locked packages:
> chromium-40.0.2214.115 <---------
> firefox-esr-31.6.0,1
> libreoffice-4.3.6      <---------
>
> [root at charon /var/log]# pkg upgrade
> Updating 0local repository catalogue...
> 0local repository is up-to-date.
> All repositories are up-to-date.
> Checking for upgrades (634 candidates): 100%
> Processing candidates (634 candidates):   0%
>
> chromium-40.0.2214.115 is locked and may not be modified
> Processing candidates (634 candidates): 100%
> The following 75 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):
>
> Installed packages to be REMOVED:
> 	libvisio01-0.1.1
> 	libmspub01-0.1.2
> 	libe-book-0.1.2
> 	libcdr01-0.1.1
> 	qt5-webkit-5.3.2_1
> 	libreoffice-4.3.6    <----------
> 	qt5-declarative-5.3.2
> 	stellarium-0.13.1
> 	chromium-40.0.2214.115 <--------
> 	qt5-designer-5.3.2
> 	qt5-assistant-5.3.2

Can you run pkg -o DEBUG_LEVEL=4 upgrade
and send me the output (be careful this will be verbose)

This is probably due to icu update somehow, as libreoffice and chrome will not
work without being themselves upgraded but you locked them.

Probably the answer of removing them is bad and we should just stop the
processing saying we cannot go further without you unlocking the said packages.

Best regards,
Bapt