Makefile syntax for disabled NLS still looks for gettext

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Fri Apr 24 08:31:24 UTC 2015

I have found 2 ports that fail to build when "OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=NLS"
is used. The error is the usual "GNU gettext tools not found" problem.

The Makefile of both ports have:
NLS_CONFIGURE_ENABLE= nls  \  NLS_USES= gettext
This should fix the problem but does not. What does the syntax need to be? I have seen examples like "NLS_USES= gettext-runtime", but that modification did not correct the problem either.

Regards.
--
FreeBSD_amd64_11-Current_RadeonKMS
Please CC my email when responding, mail from list is not delivered.