ftp/curl compiler error

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Thu Apr 23 08:57:06 UTC 2015

I'm seeing this odd error when trying to compile ftp/curl

configure: using CFLAGS: -I/usr/include -O2 -pipe  -fstack-protector -fno-strict-aliasing
configure: CFLAGS note: CFLAGS should only be used to specify C compiler flags, not include directories. Use CPPFLAGS for: -I/usr/include
configure: WARNING: Continuing even with errors mentioned immediately above this line.
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c -o root -g wheel
checking for gcc... cc
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/asp/obj/asp/git/ports/ftp/curl/work/curl-7.42.0':

* As a test, I placed "CPPFLAGS+= -I /usr/include" in /etc/make.conf, but no change with the error.

* If I cd to /usr/obj/ports/ftp/curl/work/curl-7.42.0 and run make from within that folder, compile runs normally, but uses gcc
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether gcc understands -c and -o together... yes

* "make USE_GCC=any -C ftp/curl" has no effect, I get same error.

* Enabled options: CA_BUNDLE, COOKIES, IDN, PROXY, TLS_SRP, GSSAPI_BASE,  THREADED_RESOLVER, OPENSSL. All other options off. Disabling a number of these options made no difference.

--
FreeBSD_amd64_11-Current_RadeonKMS
Please CC my email when responding, mail from list is not delivered.