FreeBSD Port: subsonic-standalone-5.2

Jeremie Le Hen jlh at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 18 20:52:21 UTC 2015

Hi Mike,

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 5:12 AM, Mike <mikerobichau at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi. I love that you have a updated version of subsonic.
>
> Subsonic is opensource as you know but also is a paid application. But since
> its OSS there is a fork of it that is the full version with all features.
> The repo for the fully free version is:
> https://github.com/EugeneKay/subsonic
>
> It would be great to have this as the subsonic port or possibly another
> subsonic-standalon-free port.

Sorry for the late reply.  I didn't know about this free fork.  Do you
know how long it has existed?  This looks like a single man effort, so
this could end any time.

I'm a bit bother by the fact the fork has the same name as the
original project.  Replacing www/subsonic* by this free fork is
definitely not a good option.  However creating a new port name
"subsonic-standalone-freefork" sounds good (I think this name is
better, because people may be puzzled by just a "-free" suffix).
If you want to create a patch for it, I'll be happy to commit it.  It
should be pretty straightforward, this only thing is that you have to
use GitHub as the master site.  See
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/book.html#makefile-master_sites-github-description

FYI, I don't have much motivation to do it myself, because I created
another port for another free fork of Subsonic named Madsonic:
www/madsonic-standaline.

Cheers,
--
Jeremie Le Hen