Synchronising ports with package cluster

Mike Clarke jmc-freebsd2 at milibyte.co.uk
Wed Apr 1 20:45:59 UTC 2015

I use pkg upgrade to maintain most of my ports but a small number need to be built
from source. To avoid problems I aim to keep my ports tree in sync with the snapshots
used by the package cluster.

Until a couple of weeks ago I was able to obtain the revision number of the ports
snapshot by parsing the results of fetching beefy2.isc.freebsd.org/data/101amd64-
default/.data.json. That server now appears to be only building 93amd64-default and
101amd64-quarterly.

So now my ports are stuck at revision 381523 from about two weeks ago.

Where can I now obtain the revision number for the ports tree used for the latest
package build?

Although the above method has worked in the past it's a bit of a bodge. The ideal
way would be if this information could be accessed directly from the relevant package
repository. Would it be possible to provide such a facility?

--
Mike Clarke