Reading jail(8) conf files using perl ?

Big Lebowski spankthespam at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 21:18:42 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 8:38 PM, Kurt Jaeger <lists at opsec.eu> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Does anyone know of a perl module that reads and writes jail(8) (fbsd 10)
> config files and can point me to it ?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         6 years to go !

Due to some very unfortunate decision made about this, those config
files are looking like usual json files, but they are not json. The
coverage is so close that I had some success parsing them using python
json libs, but at the end I had to write my own grammar dictionary for
them using python's parsley lib. I am aware its not perl, but if you'd
like to see the code to get some idea about it - let me know.

And if we could get these to be *just* standard json files, life would
be so much easier for many of us...

BL