FreeBSD Port: engrampa-1.8.0

Dave Babb dcbdbis at comcast.net
Mon Sep 29 18:36:24 UTC 2014

Good Afternoon All,

The Mate metaport, and more specifically the engrampa port is broken.
The issue is a bad package name. And I have a solution.

The build stops at gobject-introspection. Specifically
"py27-gobject-2.*...This package is in reality named py-gobject.

If I manually build py-gobject first, then build engrampa...the build of
engrampa proceeds flawlessly, then I can build the rest of Mate.

Here is what is weird. "pkg search" shows up the very name of the
package this port is calling for spelled with "py27-gobject". While
"whereis py-gobject" faile stating that this port is not found. Yet in
reality, once I cd into /usr/ports/devel....I see that "py-gobject" does
indeed exist...just not under py27-gobject.

So "pkg" shows it under the old name of "py27-gobject", but in reality
it isn't there.....Seems like there is a package naming problem between
the ports, packages, and the build script for engrampa.

May I request that you kindly look into it for me?

I do systems provisioning and build desktops (currently for the City of
Simla, Colorado)....and fixing the build script would save me some time.
We are changing the entire cities infrastructure out to FreeBSD on the
server, and FreeBSD/Mate on the desktop. This issue prevents my
automated build/install script from performing the installs in a
hands/off manner.

Thank you for your time in maintaining the Mate port. I do appreciate
it. It is the easiest desktop for me to teach Windows now on FreeBSD.

Sincerely and respectfully,

Dave Babb