is bsd.database.mk out of sync with Uses/pgsql.mk?

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 20:51:47 UTC 2014

On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 2:52 PM, Dan Langille <dan at langille.org> wrote:
> Today I encountered these build messages with poudriere:
>
> Invalid PGSQL default version 92; valid versions are 8.4 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4
>
> These messages originate in Mk/Uses/pgsql.mk
>
> But Mk/bsd.database.mk claims a different format is correct:
>
> # DEFAULT_PGSQL_VER
> #                       - PostgreSQL default version, currently 90.
>

> Do you agree that the comments in Mk/bsd.database.mk need to updated?

According to Mk/Uses/pgsql.mk, DEFAULT_PGSQL_VER and WITH_PGSQL_VER
are obsolete, and you should be using DEFAULT_VERSIONS=pgsql=9.2
instead.  They are kept for backward compatibility, but require you to
use the new version format (i.e 9.2).

The USE_PGSQL code in Mk/bsd.database.mk is still using the old
version format (92).  I would consider that USE_PGSQL is obsolete, and
ports that are still using USE_PGSQL should be updated to USES+=
pgsql.

--
DISCLAIMER:

No electrons were maimed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.