LXDE uses missing pcmanfm.conf or its wrong location

Rostislav Krasny rosti.bsd at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 15:11:07 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've installed lxde-common-0.5.5_5, lxde-icon-theme-0.5.0_1,
lxde-meta-1.0_7 and all their dependencies packages. Then if I try to
run 'startlxde' following error is printed and 'startlxde' fails to
run

% cp: /usr/local/share/lxde/pcmanfm/pcmanfm.conf: No such file or
 directory

I've found a possible solution for this issue on
https://forums.freebsd.org/viewtopic.php?&t=41598

The solution is running following copy command:

$ cp /usr/local/etc/xdg/pcmanfm/default/pcmanfm.conf
/usr/local/share/lxde/pcmanfm

But why there isn't one standard location of the pcmanfm.conf
configuration file or why LXDE packages don't have their own version?
Why LXDE doesn't run out of the box?

P.S. I also have XFCE installed. Don't know if it matters.