pkg 1.3.8 requested but not available?

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at freebsd.org
Fri Sep 26 23:11:32 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 1:33 AM, Joe Holden <lists at rewt.org.uk> wrote:

> Not quite, in this case I was using pkg but tried to install one port as
> there aren't any meta packages yet, it looks like the pkg repo has been
> updated but it was a case of there only being 1.3.7 in the repo, ports
> wanted 1.3.8 but 1.3.8 was the latest at the bootstrap url
>
> If that makes sense?

I think I understand.  Bryan Drewery has improved the wording
in one of the messages printed out by /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg/Makefile
so hopefully that should make it easier for people to upgrade:

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-ports-head/2014-September/073781.html

I'm not 100% sure if it helps with your use case, but it does improve
things a bit.
--
Craig