linux_base-f10-10_7 installation failure on FreeBSD 10.1 BETA2

Kurt Jaeger lists at opsec.eu
Thu Sep 25 20:07:16 UTC 2014

Hi!

> >> If this is mandatory, why the 'linux_base-f10' package doesn't
> >> check/update it by itself?

> > Because a pkg or port does not automatically change values in /etc/rc.conf.
> > That should be a concious decision of the admin.
>
> But how could I know all this before the installation?

I think in the past the module was automatically loaded, have a look
at pkg-install, where it is done. I'm not sure whether pkg-install
is still used in the new pkg(8) area.

Anyway, linux_base-f10 is currently being replaced by linux_base-c6,
a much more modern linux system (basically, cent os 6.5).

See

	http://www.freshports.org/emulators/linux_base-c6/

for details and also check /usr/ports/UPDATING on that topic.

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         6 years to go !