[net-snmp] Re: pkg-static: pkg-1.4.0.p.a11 conflicts with pkg-1.3.7 (installs files into the same place).

Bryan Drewery bdrewery at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 17 20:08:54 UTC 2014

On 9/17/2014 3:00 PM, Lucas Willian Bocchi wrote:
> No, the problem isn't with net-snmp.
>
> Are the observium package the problem
>
> I have observium net monitor installed on my freebsd. Deinstalling
> net-snmp deinstalls observium too. Running pkg update, pkg upgrade,
> all ok. Installing net-snmp, running pkg update, pkg upgrade, all ok
> too. But, when I try to reinstall observium:
>
> pkg install observium
> Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
> FreeBSD repository is up-to-date.
> All repositories are up-to-date.
> Checking integrity... done (1 conflicting)
> New version of pkg detected; it needs to be installed first.
> Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
> The following 4 packages will be affected (of 0 checked):
>
> New packages to be INSTALLED:
>         observium: 0.14.4.5229_1
>         php5-snmp: 5.4.32
>         pkg-devel: 1.4.0.p.a13
>
> Installed packages to be REINSTALLED:
>         pkg-1.3.7 (direct conflict changed)

Well it is really both net-snmp and php5-snmp. They both depend on
libpkg.so.3 (with both pkg and pkg-devel provide).

# pkg rquery %B php5-snmp
libpkg.so.3
libnetsnmp.so.30
# pkg rquery %B net-snmp
libpkg.so.3
libperl.so

I believe it is randomly deciding to pull in pkg-devel to satisfy this
dependency. Keep trying to install php5-snmp a few times. It probably
will eventually let you, given it let you install net-snmp already.

There's no good fix or workaround for this. It is a bug in Pkg. If you
flip over to using pkg-devel it will just propose to flip back again.

--
Regards,
Bryan Drewery