Splitting devel/subversion into SEVERAL ports -- how fine-grained do we want to see it?

olli hauer ohauer at gmx.de
Fri Sep 5 21:15:09 UTC 2014

On 2014-09-04 17:10, James R. Van Artsdalen wrote:
> So how does port subversion work now?  I don't get mod_dav_svn installed
> and I don't see a knob for it.
>
> There is  port www/mod_dav_svn but devel/subversion doesn't seem to
> reference it, and www/mod_dav_svn just gives errors when apache24 tries
> to start.(needs shared memory support that or some such).
>
> port devel/subversion does have the mod_dav_svn code in the work tree;
> it just isn't installed.

Hi James,

the port was separated, so devel/subversion can be installed via pkg from pre build packages without having apache as dependency.

Unluckily in the first apache24 revision not all required modules where ON per default but this was fixed some weeks ago.

In case you don't use custom apache24 options just run `make rmconfig && make config' inside the www/apache24 port directory to pick up the new default module list.

To compare the options before after run before 'make showconfig > cfg.old' and after reconfigure the OPTIONS 'make showconfig > cfg.new'

To build the apache module install devel/subversion and then www/mod_dav_svn (there are pre build packages available, `pkg install devel/subversion www/mod_dav_svn')

After installing apache24 compare your etc/apache24/httpd.conf with the httpd.conf from your new build (/usr/local/share/examples/apache24/httpd.conf)

E.g  vimdiff /usr/local/etc/apache24/httpd.conf /usr/local/share/examples/apache24/httpd.conf and merge missing LoadModule directives into existing etc/apache24/httpd.conf

A possible configuration file candidate that will be used by the subversion port in the future can be found here (replace %%APACHEMODDIR%% with libexec/apache24)
http://people.freebsd.org/~ohauer/diffs/220_subversion.conf.sample.in

As soon as pkg support sub packages it is possible the port will change again since then it is no longer required to split the port into pices.

--
hth. olli