pkg 1.4 freeze please test test test!

Matthew Seaman matthew at freebsd.org
Wed Oct 29 17:56:00 UTC 2014

On 10/29/14 17:48, Juan Ramón Molina Menor wrote:
> And now I bootstrapped pkg 1.3.8 and in every pkg operation I find this:
>
>> pkg: warning: database version 29 is newer than libpkg(3) version 27,
>> but still compatible

Yeah.  That's expected.  There are DB schema changes in 1.4.2 *but*
nothing that should stop 1.3.8 from using the upgraded DB.  ie. the
changes are generally adding new tables or new columns to existing
tables.  Should be harmless, but do let us know if you get any
SQL-related errors.

	Cheers,

	Matthew