pkg 1.4 freeze please test test test!

Slawa Olhovchenkov slw at zxy.spb.ru
Wed Oct 29 13:03:51 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 01:53:04PM +0100, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:

> > > How can we know pecl-memcache has to be reinstalled?
> > >
> > > We won't reinstall each time a version of a dep changes :)
> >
> > And what is solution?
> > May be some flag on package (php) for reinstall all deps?
>
> I do have no idea, I'm open for suggestions :)
> Either on the package side with triggers but that means implementing trigger in
> package
> Or in package side with provide/requires saying that this packages requires an
> exact version of php meaning in case of upgrade of php the version would have
> changed

May be (as workaround) some database witch this packages?
List, or regexp.

This is need for some binary modules and don't need for "text"
modules.
But for some cases -- and for "text" modules too.

> Or someone has to be clever and find a ports only solution.

On ports side pecl-memcache rebuild on php version changed.

> Why the help does a minor version has an inpact on the pecl? isn't the abi
> stable over minor versions?

I am don't know -- I am not php guru.
As result -- memcache module don't loaded and "class Memcache not
found".
May be just strict version check.