pkg 1.4 freeze please test test test!

Mark Felder feld at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 29 12:20:24 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014, at 07:13, Slawa Olhovchenkov wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 12:19:33AM +0100, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We are starting the release process of pkg 1.4, we want to have a better release
> > process than with every single previous version of pkg. For that we will need
> > you help!
>
> I have issuse, but I am not test on 1.4.
> I upgrade php (5.5.15 -> 5.5.17), pecl-memcache don't change version.
> pkg uprgade don't reinstall pecl-memcache (pourdure rebuild
> pecl-memcache).

pecl is not part of PHP, so the version number wouldn't have changed. I
would expect pecl to be rebuilt because PHP would have been
deleted/rebuilt and pecl depends on PHP, but I'm not surprised it wasn't
reinstalled as there was no ABI change or version change. I do not
believe this is harmful. This is just a pkg/poudriere problem that needs
to be worked out because it probably shouldn't have been rebuilt.