firebird25-client 2.5.3 fails to build

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 20:06:04 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 9:11 PM, Henry Hu <henry.hu.sh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please try removing firebird25-client before building it.

Doable, but akward:
root at kg-core1# pkg remove firebird25-client-2.5.2_2
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
Deinstallation has been requested for the following 3 packages (of 0
packages in the universe):

Installed packages to be REMOVED:
firebird25-client-2.5.2_2
qt4-ibase-plugin-4.8.6 (depends on firebird25-client-2.5.2_2)
qt4-4.8.6 (depends on firebird25-client-2.5.2_2)

The operation will free 10 MB.

Proceed with deinstalling packages? [y/N]: n

(is there a way of doing this without deinstalling ports that depend
on this paclage? I will be upgrading them next...)
Anyway, I removed firebird25-client and the two qt ports.

> For some reason, it is linking with the old version.

Interesting. It makes you wonder why this situation wasn't detected
when the new version of the port was tested.
Perhaps port maintainers only test installing new ports (poudriere
jails?) and newer tests the upgrade scenario?

After removing the old client, the new one built and installed fine.
Thanks for helping out.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen