www/dansguardian revival?

Chris H bsd-lists at bsdforge.com
Wed Oct 22 01:28:55 UTC 2014

On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:39:30 +0200 Marko Cupać <marko.cupac at mimar.rs> wrote

> On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 17:47:19 -0700
> "Chris H" <bsd-lists at bsdforge.com> wrote:
>
> > Unless theirs any objection. I'll take it. I'll open a pr(1)
> > with a shar(1) ready, in about an hour.
> >
> > --Chris
>
> Nice to hear that dansguardian will be back in ports. I also used it
> for years in combination with www/squid33 without problem. I was
> compiling it from ports, and the trick was to compile squid33 first,
> and dansguardian only after, as dansguardian would only check existence
> of /use/local/bin/squid, and if it was already there, no matter which
> version, it would happily compile, install and work.

Right. But there's ${STAGE} to deal with, as well. I may
make sqid34 the DEPENDS (I'm still testing).
I'm also working with the -devel version, and will likely
convert it to the (un)devel version, as there is less user
overhead involved -- RESTRICTED/COPYRIGHT/LICENSE/{...}

Should be able to post a complete version, sometime
tomorrow.

--Chris