Update php from 5.5 to 5.6?

Mark Felder feld at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 10 15:08:57 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 04:37, Mathieu Arnold wrote:

> +--On 10 octobre 2014 09:11:10 +0200 Jakob Breivik Grimstveit
> <jakob at grimstveit.no> wrote:
> | Hi there, fellows!
> |
> | I'm looking at jumping from php5.5 to php5.6, but I'm wondering whether
> | anyone have any experience on this, and any accompanying
> recommendations
> | :-).
> |
> | Need to have it working together with apache24 and mysql56
> |
> | Thank you in advance!
> |

> | $ pkg info | grep -ie ^php -ie ^apache -ie ^mysql | sort
>
> You forgot mod_php55-xxx :-)
>
> Easiest way to do it would be to remove php55-* and mod_php55-xxx and
> install their php56-* and mod_php56-xxx equivalents.

Just keep in mind that there isn't a PROVIDES framework yet and the
default PHP version in ports is PHP 5.4. If you try to install some PEAR
modules or web apps like www/wordpress you'll probably run into a loop
or your PHP will be forcbily be downgraded to the PHP version (5.4) that
the package was "built against". If you run into this problem the sanest
solution is to prop up your own repository and build the packages you
need, setting DEFAULT_VERSIONS= php=5.6 in your make.conf.