Tracking Binary Ports/Pkgs Tree

Simon Wright simon.wright at gmx.net
Sun Nov 30 10:39:01 UTC 2014

Seconded. This has been an issue for me this weekend with the perl
default changing to 5.18 and the gettext port split but the packages
in the FreeBSD repo are still using the old default for perl and the
old version for gettext whereas my local repo (with custom options)
are using the new settings/ports.

My preference would be to keep my local ports tree for poudriere
exactly in sync with the package build port tree and to have a
date/time when the repo has also been fully rebuilt so that I can
run updates that will not try to pull in outdated packages. Is this
position possible?

My solution for this weekend has been to return to the old-faithful
portupgrade and rebuild all affected ports from my current ports tree.

Cheers

Simon.