[SOLVED] multimedia/x264 build failure, linker error

Dave freebsd01 at dgmm.net
Sat Nov 29 19:09:42 UTC 2014

On Monday 24 November 2014 23:33:44 Albert Shih wrote:
>  Le 24/11/2014 à 17:02:35+0000, Dave a écrit
>
> Hi,
>

> Sorry but I got the same issue. But I'm not sure I understand your answer.
>
> > pkg delete x264 lists the installed dependances
>
> So you deinstall all package depends on x264-0.136.2358_4 ?

Sorry, for not getting back sooner.  Real life intervened.
I used pkg delete simply to confirm the list of installed dependencies on x264

> > make deinstall in multimedia/x264
>
> why you need that ? If you use
>
>   pkg delete x264-0.136.2358_4

Because saying "Yes" to that would deinstall the dependencies too, which I
didn't want to do.

> > make install in mulimedia/libx264
> >
> > make deinstall reinstall clean in the dependant ports, eg mencoder,
> > mplayer, ffmpeg, gstreamer-plugins-x264
>
> and those ports don't take automatically the « new » multimedia/libx264 ?

Maybe.  I rebuilt them to be sure they took the correct dependencies.

Anyway, explanations of my workaround aside I see the UPDATING file has the
correct information now :-)