RFT: Please help testing the llvm/clang 3.5.0 import
dim at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 28 21:03:45 UTC 2014
We're working on updating llvm, clang and lldb to 3.5.0 in head. This
is quite a big update again, and any help with testing is appreciated.
To try this out, ensure you have good backups or snapshots, then build
world and kernel from the projects/clang350-import branch . Please
use a Subversion mirror , if you are able to.
The status of this project branch is as follows:
* Since llvm/clang 3.5.0 requires C++11 support, you can only build it
when your current installation has both clang (>= 3.3) and libc++
installed. E.g., FreeBSD 10.x and later should work out of the box,
but for FreeBSD 9.x you should first build libc++ with clang, and
install it. Older versions of FreeBSD will not work.
* Both the i386 and amd64 arches are expected to work completely, e.g.
they should build, install and run without any problems. For some
less-used parts of world and kernel, you might encounter warnings
that are not fixed yet. To ignore those, you can use NO_WERROR, but
please create bug reports for them.
* The different ARM builds still need work, any help would be greatly
* PowerPC (32 and 64 bit) will most likely not work yet, until we can
figure out how to build parts of the tree with clang, other parts with
* Sparc64 might work at least partially, but has not been tested on
* A ports exp-run has been requested .
The tentative goal is to be able to import this new version before the
end of the year, hopefully before Christmas.
If you encounter issues, please report them in FreeBSD Bugzilla ,
unless you think it is better discussed on one of the appropriate
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 194 bytes
Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail
More information about the freebsd-ports