FreeBSD Port: ghostscript9-9.06_8

Ian Lord lordi at msdi.ca
Fri Nov 21 00:28:00 UTC 2014

Hi,

Sorry to bother you, but I have a question about the ghostscript9 port...

We have some issues with imageMagick which has a dependencie to this port and I've been told the problem is due to the old version of ghostscript I am using...

>From this release history page: http://www.ghostscript.com/doc/current/History9.htm#Version9.07

It seem the version 9.06 was released more than 2 years ago and there is no new release in the ports tree since then.

Is there a reason (perhaps the license change to AGPL) or a compatibility problem that prevents to go higher than 9.06 ?

I don't have the competency to update the port myself but if you need someone to make tests, I'll be more than happy to.

Regards

Ian Lord
MSD Informatique
143 Rue des Fauvettes