gnupg-2.1 -> 2.1 appears to break decryption of saved messages

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Thu Nov 20 19:25:55 UTC 2014

It has been my practice for several years to email sensitive information
(such as passwords) to myself via envrypted email, using mutt and GPG.

This morning, one of the ports that was updated when I performed my
daily refresh of installed ports on my laptop was:

        Upgrade gnupg-2.0.26_1 to gnupg-2.1.0

Then, a few minutes ago, I tried to retrieve a password from one of my
saved encrypted messages... only to be informed "Could not copy
message".

I (re-)copied ~/.gnupg from my home "desktop"-type machine to my laptop,
but that failed to change the behavior.

I then used portmaster to switch from security/gnupg to
security/gnupg20:

	portmaster -o security/gnupg20 gnupg-2.1.0

That done, I am now able to retrieve my encrypted messages once again.

I don't have time right now to research this, b ut I wanted to let
others who might be similarly situated know.

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Taliban: Evil cowards with guns afraid of truth from a 14-year old girl.