pkg update >> pkg install abort traps today Thursday and an off-topic

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 13:09:56 UTC 2014

On 11/20/14 12:53, Jerry wrote:
> Are you recommending that we should update to the newer development branch or
> will the older stable branch be updated shortly to reflect the demise of the
> known bugs?

No.  If you're already running pkg-devel, then please update to the
latest pkg-devel.  Known bugs have been addressed in pkg-devel, but it's
still in beta-test, and there may well be other bugs as yet unreported.

If you aren't running pkg-devel, but you would like to help testing and
you have systems where you can fiddle about with the installed packages
without too much consequence, then please consider testing with
pkg-devel.  Otherwise, stick with the regular pkg until we release
pkg-1.4.0.

	Cheers,

	Matthew