Deleting ports distfiles

RW rwmaillists at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 18 12:37:56 UTC 2014

On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 07:40:03 -0600
Adam Vande More wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 7:12 AM, RW <rwmaillists at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > portmaster removes any files not associated with currently installed
> > packages, the other two do can do that, but also have the option to
> > leave any files that are still up-to-date with respect to the ports
> > tree.
>

> This is a misleading statement.  portmaster also has that option.

My mistake. I'd always assumed that in  "-t --clean-distfiles" the
"-t" had its usual meaning of recurse through port dependencies. What
makes that particularly confusing is that recursing to handle missing
dependencies would be a useful option.

I'd still recommend distviper over portmaster because it's faster.