FreeBSD port graphics/xfig: patch to fix packaging with DOCS disabled (was Re: please revert graphics/xfig r354029)

Guido Falsi madpilot at FreeBSD.org
Sat May 31 15:34:19 UTC 2014

On 05/31/14 17:09, Steve Kargl wrote:
> On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 05:00:34PM +0200, Guido Falsi wrote:

>>> Not on my system, which is an up-to-date freebsd-current.
>>>

>> After some digging I found out the port is broken when the DOCS option
>> is disabled.
>>
>> I'm cooking a fix I'll get to you soon.
>>
>> Please always report if using custom options when reporting a problem.
>>

> I forgot I had the DOCS option unset as it was unset ages ago
> and updates have always worked.  The question is "why are changes
> to a port committed without proper testing?"  Yes, "proper
> testing" should include testing of the effects of (un)setting
> individual Makefile options.

I'm going to fix it. I'm attaching a patch and CCing the maintainer to
get his approval. Can you test this patch too and report back? Thanks!

Please understand we all make mistakes from time to time.

Also remember that this is a volunteer project and such a thorough
testing as the one you are asking for isn't always possible with the
resources at hand.

for mjl at luckie.org.nz:

A problem has been reported in the xfig port when trying to install it
with the DOCS option disabled.

I've created a patch which fixes the problem, can you approve it?

Thanks in advance.

--
Guido Falsi <madpilot at FreeBSD.org>